There's always something to do in Marion!
|Fohs Hall||201 N. Walker St.
|Fohs Hall was built by Julius Fohs, an internationally-know geologist, and given to the city of Marion and the Board of Education in 1926. The two-story building with four Ionic columns flanking the main entrance contains a large auditorium and meeting rooms. The building's limestone foundation is an earthquake-resistant style of masonry often seen in Peru. The building was selected as a Kentucky Landmark in June of 1981, and it was accepted on the National Register of Historic Places in May of 1982.|
|Wheeler Log Cabin||Hwy 91 N||Wheeler Cabin Built in 1835, this two-story log cabin is one of Crittenden County's oldest homes. Barbara Wheeler's Log Cabin Shop features primitive antiques, herb gardens, fruit trees and a glimpse into days gone by. She's happy to answer your questions about Kentucky frontier life. It all awaits you on Hwy 91 N., just six miles north of town. Open Wednesdays 10-4, Mid April through Late October.|
|Ben E. Clement Mineral Museum||205 N Walker St.
|Ben E. Clement Mineral Museum houses an outstanding collection of minerals, gemstones, carvings, period journals, photographs, mining tools and other items. The collection has been visited by various authorities on minerals and is believed to be one of the finest in existence. The Ben E. Clement Mineral Museum, Inc. was formed in June 1990 to make the attraction something that would generate outside interest in the mineral and mining heritage of West Kentucky.|
|Crittenden County Historical Museum||124 E Bellview St.
|The Crittenden County Historical Museum is housed in the oldest church in Marion, built in 1881, which includes the original pulpit, balcony and stained glass windows. Among the hundreds of local items on display are a large military collection dating back to the Civil War; a 200 year old loom; spinning wheels; a large collection of farm related items; the old telephone switchboard; vintage Marion photos, clothing and accessories dating back to the early 1900's; papers and memorabilia from Marion's two United Sates senators, as well as toys showing the everyday life of the county.|
|Trail of Tears||Our Native American heritage includes mound sites and thousands of years of habitation. The Ohio River was part of a Native trade route stretching from western New York down to the Caribbean.The northern route of the Trail of Tears comes through the county. While the historical route passes just south and west of Marion, the Auto Route designated by the National Parks System comes through the center of town, marked by distinctive road signs.|
|Cave in Rock Ferry||Hwy 91N
Watch our video
|Cave-In-Rock Ferry, one of two ferries still running on the Ohio River, is open seven days a week, and it's free!|
|Amish Community||While the Amish Community is a recent addition to the Marion area (1977), they're a visibile and distinctive part of county life.|
|The Outlaw Trail||The Outlaw Trail was once the treacherous road from Marion to Ford's Ferry. Named for county ferry operator, innkeeper, and justice of the peace "Big Jim" Ford, who moonlighted as a bandit chief, Ford's Ferry Road is a now quiet, scenic backroad, where your most dangerous encounter will be with an Amish produce stand. Jesse and Frank James (left) and the Cole Younger Gang were regular visitors to the area.|
|The Courthouse Gazebo||The Courthouse Gazebo, site of free summer concerts|
|Marion Country Club||651 Blackburn Street
|9 hole golf course open to the public|
|Riverview Park||411 State Route 387||Riverview Park at Dam 50 features Seven full service RV hookups, primitive camping, three picnic pavilions, boat ramp, and playground equipment.|
|Venture River Water Park||Eddyville, KY
|Wave pool, ten exciting slides, large kiddie pool with slide, lazy river and action waves. Open most days between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Additional weekends in late spring and early fall when weather permits.|
|Eddy Grove Vineyard||Visit Website||Nestled in the rolling hills and quilt country of Western Kentucky, you'll find Eddy Grove Vineyard, home to fine hand crafted wine. Born out of the desire of two doctors eager to renew a family tradition from Northern Italy, this wine has been carefully, lovingly created to enrich your family celebrations and quiet dinners.|
|Adsmore House and Gardens||304 N Jefferson St., Princeton 270-365-3114
Open Tuesday - Sunday.
|Built in 1857 and realistically restored. Visitors step back in time to the turn-of-the-century to relive the legacy and lifestyle of a western Kentucky family. Decorations change during the year. Located on the grounds is the Ratliff Gun Shop, an 1844 log building that has been restored and equipped as a gunsmith's shop. Tours here take approximately 20 minutes. Admission is $5 for each person.|
|Cave In Rock , IL.||Cave-In-Rock, noted by the earliest French explorers, was the lair of several gangs of river pirates that preyed on Ohio River Valley travelers, notably the Mason Gang and the Harpe Gang. It has been featured as a set location in the 1950's film "Davy Crockett and the River Pirates" and in the 1960's film "How The West Was Won." Cave-In-Rock State Park is a photographer's wonderland. Admission is free, and so if the ferry trip across the Ohio River.|
|Land Between the Lakes||Visit Website||Land Between The Lakes (LBL) is a 170,000-acre national recreation area in Western Kentucky and Tennessee located near I-24, about 90 miles north of Nashville, TN, and just south of Paducah, KY.|
|Deer Lakes Golf Course||104 Deer Lakes Drive, Salem, KY||This 300-acre, naturally contoured golf course is located on Highway 60 along the historical Trail of Tears. The lush foliage and varied wildlife enhances the joy of the game.|
|Mineral Mounds Golf Course||48 Finch Rd, Eddyville
270-388-3673 or 866-904-7888
|Mineral Mound State Park Golf Course Enjoy our challenging 18-hole, par-72 golf course! The front 9 holes are situated in a wooded area. The back 9 offers beautiful lake views with several holes flanked by water. A pro shop offers rental carts, clubs and golf merchandise. The park also has a picnic area, a fishing pier and a boat ramp. The facility has a magnificent new golf shop that offers scenic views from atop a hill overlooking Lake Barkley.|